You are viewing a preview version of this site. The live site is located at: https://jfedgmw.org
This piece of content is not currently in a published status.
Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ is committed to partnering with synagogues to create vibrant Jewish life in our community.
These workshops are designed to help synagogue leaders develop skills and explore issues of common concern in synagogue life. Experts lead interactive discussions on such topics as fundraising, membership engagement, leadership development, security, event planning, governance, synagogue innovation, and more.
Upcoming Seminars (2019-2020): Details Coming Soon
1. Engaging Older Members
2. Trends in Synagogue Affiliation and Jewish Engagement
3. Synagogue Innovations
View videos of past seminars:
1. Synagogue 10.0: Rethinking the Software and Hardware of Synagogue Life
Rabbi David Inbger, Romemu NYC
March 15, 2018
2. Enhanced Succession Planning
Dr. Erica Brown, George Washington University Mayberg Center for Jewish Education and Leadership
March 31, 2019
For Synagogue Lay Leaders
Pop-Up Cafés – informal discussions of synagogue management issues moderated by a member of Federation’s Synagogue Leadership Council.
Details Coming Soon
1. Dues – What models work for your synagogue? What is your process for evaluating dues relief requests?
2. Fiscal management – Share best practices and vendor recommendations for bookkeeping, insurance, etc.
3. Board governance and personnel structures – Discuss governance and reporting structures for volunteers and staff.
Annual Synagogue Presidents Meeting (Details TBD)
JCC MetroWest (April 2020)
For Synagogue Clergy and Staff
Federation convenes gatherings of synagogue clergy, staff and presidents on an annual or biannual basis to listen to their concerns, share ideas and foster collaboration. Issues discussed at these meetings help inform Federation’s planning. We deeply value this input from our local synagogues.
Upcoming meetings: Details Coming Soon (tentative info below)
Rabbis: June, November
Rabbis and Cantors: March
Executive Directors: December