Job Title: Assistant Controller
Reports to: Controller
Date: December 5, 2018
Works closely with the Controller and is responsible for financial functions which include timely and accurate preparation of quarterly financial statements, annual budget, and coordination of year-end audit. Monitors internal control and ensures integrity of financial information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monthly and yearly closings including preparation and review of journal entries and budget variance analyses.
• Assist Controller in overseeing the daily operations of the Finance Department.
• Prepare various account analyses for the auditors and internal use.
• Annual budget preparation with department heads.
• Provide budgetary guidance to agencies on fringe benefits and other allocated costs.
• Prepare quarterly dashboard financial statements for Board of Trustees and Budget and Finance Committee meetings.
• Covering, when necessary, the duties of the Accounting Manager including Acounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and monitoring the daily cash position.
• Special projects assigned by the Controller and CFO
• Review post-retirement health benefits valuation report, audited financial statements, and insurance policies and audit reports.
• Supervise Accounting Manager, and Staff Accountant.
• Assist with supervision of other members of the Finance Department.
Seven to ten years’ experience in non-profit accounting
Send resume and cover letter to: HR@jfedgmw.org. Reference P2G.